Guideline launches new Enterprise tier and mobile app to deliver a more custom, seamless experience
Today is a big day for Guideline. To meet the needs of our growing community, we're excited to announce two major launches: our most custom plan tier, Enterprise, and a new mobile app.
A new chapter for Guideline
Our mission is to help everyone arrive at a safe, secure retirement. We started by championing small businesses because they — and their employees — were largely overlooked in the retirement industry.
With a technology-first approach, we built an easy, affordable 401(k) — a solution that automates administrative tasks and helps manage everything from recordkeeping to compliance testing² in one seamless experience. In an industry full of confusing terms and hidden fees, our plans are transparent and low-cost.
Today, over 40,000 businesses and hundreds of thousands of savers trust Guideline. We manage over $9B in assets — from salons to construction firms, dental offices to high-growth tech companies, we support businesses with diverse needs.
That’s why we’re investing in our plans and products to build even more custom experiences for businesses and savers.
As our company has grown over the years, our customers have grown alongside us. To further deliver on our mission of making retirement more accessible, we’re excited to launch Enterprise. As our most custom offering, Enterprise is designed to better support growing companies and their teams that may have more complex business needs.
Enterprise offers enhanced features like exclusive pricing options and dedicated, preferred support for plan admins and employees.⁴
Every Guideline plan tier gets the foundational services to offer a robust benefit, including:
- Payroll integrations with popular payroll providers like Gusto, QuickBooks, and Rippling.
- Automated plan admin, including recordkeeping, custodial services¹, compliance testing,² and guided employee onboarding.
- 3(38) and 3(16) fiduciary services,³ including filing IRS and DOL reports and signing your 5500.
- A mobile app, which makes it easy for participants to set up and manage their account.
With Enterprise, you get everything in our Core and Flex tiers, plus:
- Dedicated onboarding specialist and client relationship manager, with an average 4-hour or less response times.
- Preferred support for both sponsors and employees, which means requests are prioritized for faster resolution than those in other tiers.
- Exclusive pricing options, so companies can choose a price structure that’s best for their team and growth plans.
- Early access to new features that constantly improve the employer and employee experience.
We’re here to support companies at every step. With Enterprise’s enhanced features set, Guideline can scale with companies as they grow — from 1 to 100 to 1,000 and beyond.
Why Enterprise, why now
We are proud to launch Enterprise to better support growing companies or those with complex business needs. In fact, about half of Guideline plans with over 100 employees started with fewer than 50 employees — meaning they doubled in size since offering Guideline.
As part of an ongoing effort to offer more flexibility, we've also recently launched another flexible plan design option available for all tiers: Qualified Automatic Contribution Arrangement (or QACA, for short). With QACA, companies have even more optionality for employer matching and vesting schedules, which can better support both new plans and those transferring to Guideline.
With Enterprise, we can continue to grow with the needs of our customer base with more personalized, custom services.
We’ve built an app to help savers access their 401(k) from anywhere and achieve their goals, whether they're an experienced investor or just getting started.
All within the Guideline app, savers can:
- Set up a 401(k) in minutes, with no computer or paperwork required.
- Start investing through our guided onboarding experience, where savers can choose one of our curated portfolios or create their own based on their retirement goals.
- Access anytime to update contribution amounts or make changes to investment portfolios.
- Check progress by monitoring performance and total 401(k) retirement savings to date.
- Protect your account with security features, like two-factor authentication (2FA) and biometric authentication (facial or fingerprint recognition).
Why mobile, why now
We’re proud to have a high participation rate⁵, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our saver experience. Over the last few years, we’ve seen a significant shift from desktop to mobile. In fact, about one-third of our logins and onboarding traffic comes from mobile devices. When we asked ourselves, “How can we improve the participant experience, and also encourage more people to take advantage of their retirement benefit?” The answer was clear — meet them where they already are. Build a mobile app.
Delivering on our mission
The launch of Enterprise and our mobile app signal a new chapter for us. But ultimately, both are steps towards continuing to enact our mission: helping employees and employers of all sizes save for a retirement they can look forward to.
This information is general in nature and is for informational purposes only. It should not be construed as investment advice. Investing involves risk and investments may lose value. Consult a qualified financial advisor.
Any graphs or charts depicted are illustrative, for educational purposes only, and not intended to be investment advice. Investing involves risk and investments may lose value.
See our Form ADV 2A Brochure for more information about our fees.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple, Inc.. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google, LLC.
¹ Guideline uses a third-party to provide custodial services. Custodial fees are paid by Guideline.
² All plans of related entities must be administered by Guideline in order to provide compliance testing.
³ Guideline's 3(16) fiduciary services are only available to clients who utilize an eligible payroll provider.
⁴ We require all plan sponsors transferring an existing 401(k) to Guideline to set up and maintain an Enterprise plan for at least one year. After one year, the plan will be eligible to switch to a different pricing plan. We require all legally related groups to be in Enterprise.
⁵ As of May 2023. 401k Plan participation rate is calculated by adding active participants with a billable balance plus active participants w/o a balance and dividing it by all eligible participants in the plan.